Hi there friends!!!
Well our European Excursion has come to a close. The kids and I flew home May 13th arriving home LATE at night so I like to think that we got home on the 14th! LOL We weren't home but 48 hours before we decided we just didn't want to wait to see Grandmom, Poppa, Auntie, Uncle Bradley, Uncle Alex and the cousins so we drove up to NC to spend the weekend of the 17th-19th up in NC celebrating birthdays and getting reconnected with family. Adam flew home the 3rd of June (again arriving late so I like to think of it as he got home the 4th) and we spent a few days getting him adjusted and back on East Coast Time...then I just drove this past weekend to FL by myself to attend the high school graduation of one of my little brothers, Owen. During all this time all I could think was, "wow I can't believe he's graduating already!!!" And "Wow I can't believe I will be driving back down to FL for family vacation on the 15th!!!" LOL
Okay so are you getting a picture of how "travel" has been our theme this year. We are a family on the go it seems. But more than that we have been a family in pursuit. In pursuit of what God wants to do with our lives.... DAILY. From the general "USAF Reserves Job" to the "Are we ever going to get a civilian job?" to "What more can we be doing to be a light of Christ's love?" All of these questions have been running like hamsters on a wheel through our minds and hearts. As it turns out, God has had some pretty BIG, dare I say ENORMOUS plans for us - me in particular.
As you all know, or may not have known, Adam has been waiting to get a spot in Instructor Pilot School for some months now. He was told "You are next up". And "When a spot opens up, your next." We had been praying about it and kenw God's perfect timing was going toopen the door for this IP date for Adam. I personally had a harder time being patient than Ad did...he's good that way. He just rolls with the punches and has a steady belief in timing being perfect...I must admit I was annoyed by the fact that there was some other guy going FIRST when I thought Adam was supposed to be NEXT!!! WHAT??? I mean, that wasn't FAIR - right?? But I digress, God always KNOWS what's perfect FOR US, in OUR LIVES. And he doesn't base it off of "fair timing, or man's plans" That I have learned... I hope.
Anyway, long story short - Adam has been assigned dates!!!! YAY!!! August 1st - Sept 13th Adam will once again be gone to IP school....well - that brings us to what is going on in the mean time.
NEWS FLASH - God has opened the door of opportunity for me to accompany my parents and younger brothers to the African country of Kenya on a TWO WEEK missions trip! Because we thought that Adam was going to be going to IP school possibly as early as July I hadn't really considered being able to go with my parents. I didn't mention my hearts desire to ANYONE. I just prayed. I prayed "Lord, if I could go with my family to Kenya, you will have to work IP school dates for AFTER the Kenya trip. And I will have to know about IP school in time to actually bring this crazy idea up to Adam, raise funds, make the commitment deadline, etc." Well, wouldn't you know God in His timing....Adam got dates while he was still in Germany, he called me and told me about IP school. I then surprised him with "Ok so now that we have IP dates I'd like us to pray about and consider the idea of me going to Kenya with the team Mom and Dad are putting together"...there was a slightly stunned silence then Ad said "I had no idea you were even thinking about this" to which I replied "Well, it was my "fleece before the Lord" that if I was to consider going, He'd have to get the IP dates settled and they'd have to be after July. So, now that we have dates, it's time for me to talk to you about it." After talking together and praying, talking to my parents (who were THRILLED with the idea and from the moment we mentioned the "possibility" they considered it "happening") and look at how could I ever raise the 2500 needed to get there in time for the June 9th commitment date Adam and I just felt it was a green light "go" time for me!!! So sometime mid July (dates will be finalized once airfare has been purchased) I will be heading to KENYA, AFRICA for two weeks.
If you are still reading - you're AWESOME!! THANKS FOR GETTING THIS FAR!!! I need your help!!!
I have a HUGE LIST of ways you can help. So please read through and see if any of this ways apply to you.
1. I need prayer.
- I need prayer that my family will be fine and able to function well together while I am gone for two weeks.
- I need prayer for traveling mercies and ease of adjustment to yet another large time difference (7hrs ahead of EST).
- I need prayer for health while away.
- I need prayer that I will be willing and able to love as Christ did...sacraficially, fully, wholeheartedly.
- I need prayer for a clearer vision of what my role is as part of the team. I truly feel that I am to go with "capture the moment" photography in mind. That's what keeps running through my heart and head....but I don't want to just "rely on what's comfortable" if there's something different - know what I mean?
2. I need HELP!
- Are you crafty? Do you like to sew? Well I am planning on bringing as many simple dresses as I can. I am going to be using this pattern as a jumping off point to sew dresses. If you'd like to whip up a quick dress please email me and let me know.
- Are you crafty? Did you think you might like to sew and then found it just wasnt' your thing? Got yardage just sitting there not being used for your proposed projects? I am also going to be bringing as much fabric as I can in my suitcase so that the older girls who are done with school and not going into secondary education can learn a worthwhile trade to help support themselves. If you have extra fabric that you aren't planning on using and would like to send so that it can be made into dresses or brought as fabric please send me an email.
- Have you always wanted to be a part of something BIG? Have you wanted to know that you are making a difference even all the way across the great big ocean? Well maybe going to Kenya isn't in your plans for this year but you feel God may want you to support someone who IS going! Adam and I, in faith, wrote the check for my trip in full. I know I am supposed to go. We know God is BIG, BIGGER than we ever really dream. But we also know that we are not to be self-reliant and that sometimes God's plan is for us all to work together to make amazing things happen. Like I said at the top of the blog post - the cost per person to go on this trip is $2500. Flights have been higher than expected...bordering on $2000 per person...not a great thing as we had all hoped to have "working funds" ... but again, we know God is bigger than all that. :) If you'd like to financially support my trip to Kenya, you can send a check or donate via PayPal to email@example.com
As you can see - there's a myriad of ways you too can be a part of this summer's mission to Kenya. I'd love to hear how you feel you would like to be a part! :)