I love when little girls wear hairbows. They just look so cute! I also love to make them, it saves me SO MUCH MONEY! I mean literally we are going to make these Upcycled DIY Fall Fashion Leather Hairbows using scrap leather and a few drops of hot glue. I like to use a rotary cutter, self healing mat and ruler to cut the leather because it's super crisp and perfectly straight, but don't worry you can use scissors too. Let's get started.
1. Cut a rectangle of leather 2 x3.5 inches. Measure .5 inch from one end as shown.
2.Cut the .5 inch off and set aside, you will use it in a following step.
3. Pinch the larger rectangle in the center, making sure both edges face down away from you.
5. Wrap the scrap of leather around the center of the hairbow. Add a touch of hot glue to keep it held tight.
6. Trim away the excess leather.
7. Add a line of hot glue down the center of the barette and press the bow onto the back of the barette.
8. Hold the bow tight to the barette until the glue fully cools. You're done! Now, wasn't that easy?