I was browsing through my local Dollar Tree when I saw a package of 12 Valentine Pencils for only a buck! I was instantly inspired to create today's project - a Quick & Simple Valentine Pencil Pouch. Using just three sheets of 6x6 patterned paper I was able to whip up four pouches in no time! Read on for step by step instructions.
- 3 sheets of 6x6 patterned paper I used a "vintage" Fancy Pants Designs line called Summer Soul. Their new line Beloved would be PERFECT for this project.
- Crafter's Tape Glue Runner & Low Temp Glue Gun by AdTech Adhesives
- Classic Heart Die by Spellbinders
- scraps of silk ribbon
- pencils from Dollar Tree
- Basic papercrafting tools: Cutter and Bone Folder
1. To begin, cut pink paper in half and then in half again to create four 3"x3" squares.
2. Cut red paper into three 2" strips. Cut two strips in half to create four 2"x3" strips. Set third strip aside.
3. Use Crafter's Tape to adhere one red strip to bottom of one pink square.
4. Use bone folder to score 7/8" from one side and then 7/8" from opposite side.
5. Apply Crafter's Tape along bottom edge and along one scored side.
6. First fold in side that doesn't have Crafter's Tape, then fold in side that has Crafter's Tape. Press along bottom and overlapped edges to make sure adhesive holds well.
7. Die cut hearts from patterned paper. Adhere to front of pouch as shown.
8. Tie small bows from scraps of silk ribbon. Adhere to top front of pouch using Low Temp Glue.
9. Place two pencils in each pouch, and your Valentine Pencil Pouch is complete!