Spring has sprung and it's SOCCER SEASON!!! Well here in the South it is anyway! LOL
Today I have a hairbow headband combo to share with you - HURRAY!!!
For this project I will be using Slate Oly-Fun by Fairfield, my Designer Low Temp glue gun by AdTech, some gray felt by Commonwealth Felt and a plain headband. As you can see - a simple list of supplies. Let's get going.
1. Begin by cutting out an approximate 2" circle of felt and a strip of felt about 1.5" wide and 2" long. Neither of these pieces need to be perfect! Also cut out lots of 2" circles from the Slate Oly-Fun. Again, they don't have to be perfect circles, the "eyeball and hand cut" technique works well and makes this a quick & simple project.
3. Repeat the folding and gluing process all the way across the felt circle, then turn and keep filling in the sides.
4. Continue folding and gluing until the felt is fully covered and the hairbow resembles a carnation. The fuller the better!
5. Trim the felt strip to the length of the circle and nip off the corners as shown.
6. Apply glue to the long edges of the strip and adhere it to the bottom of the felt circle. Be sure to leave the center free.
7. Once the glue has cooled completely, insert one end of the headband through the space between the felt strip and felt circle. Slide it up about one third of the way up the band.
8. I prefer to leave the bow free to be repositioned or removed, but if you want to adhere it directly to the headband feel free to skip the felt strip step and simply glue the flower directly to the headband.
As you can see LK loves her headband and the Slate Oly-Fun was the perfect match to her gray soccer uniform this season!